Oils for Anti-Ageing? You heard it right!
Many of the best oils for wrinkles and blemishes come from Mother Nature, thanks to fatty acids and antioxidants in them that help to combat inflammation and free radical damage, which contribute to fine lines. This has made plant based oils a must have for anti geing skin types.
But, how are they effective?
- Oils are rich in Fatty Acids - Essential fatty acids like omega-3s and omega-6s are the building blocks of healthy cell membranes, helps to restore the skin’s barrier function and reduce water loss. These Omega Fatty Acids in our skin reduce with age, contributing to the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and weathered skin.
Rosehip and Argan oil containgreat amount of fatty acids.
- Oils are rich in Antioxidants -Antioxidants are substances that help protect the skin’s surface from oxidative damage caused by free radicals and environmental aggressors as UV and pollution, which makes skin look dull and lifeless.
Avocado, Rose, Sandalwood and Pomegranate oil are especially high in antioxidants, which help to fight the free radicals that cause age-related skin damage.
- Oils are rich in Vitamins & Nutrients - Vitamins present in oil promote regeneration of skin.Vitamin C, A & E play a vital role in skin health by stimulating reactions resulting in collagen production, anti blemishing and anti wrinkling effects.
Jojoba Oil, Carrot seed Oil, Moringa Oil are very rich in natural vitamins & nutrients.
- Lipid Barrier Protection Prevents Sagging - Ceramides are a type of fatty acid in your skin that is responsible for maintaining its barrier and retaining its moisture. Emulsifying properties on oil allow it to be a protective agent that remains as a barrier on the skin and prevents sagging.Skin sagging is one the most prominent signs of ageing.
Frankincense has is a powerful astringent and best for skin tightening. It has Farnesol which increases skin elasticity.
Geranium oil is used repairing collagen and therefore increasing your skin's elasticity.
Patchouli Oil works to regenerate and renew the skin.
- Oils Help Regeneration and Damage Repair–Behenic acid (fatty acid) is known to have emollient properties that restore skin's natural oils. Carotenoids are known to Repair skin damage and signs of aging caused by UV radiation, hormones, or acne.
Vetiver Essential Oil is deeply hydrating and protects skin against the harsh effects of environmental stressors.
Orange essential oil is not just for acne-prone skin but has shown to increase the ability to absorb vitamin C, collagen production, and blood flow, which in turn helps in skin regeneration.
- Oils Fight Skin Discolouration - When used regularly, oils help aid is clearing out the skin by fighting discolouration that appears with age and environmental stressors.
Lavender oil can aid in skin lightening since it reduces inflammation and helps in hyperpigmentation as well.
Rose Geranium Oil reduce the appearance of varicose veins, thread veins, cellulite, and dull skin, promotes faster fading of scars and blemishes, soothe uncomfortable skin ailments, and generally rejuvenate the complexion.
Try our Infinity Face Elixir which a blend of these powerful botanicals.