Just like the rest of your body, facial muscles require exercise to keep you looking younger (sorry to add to your workout routine!).No matter how many products you’re using, there’s something extra you can do for even more radiance—and it’s totally free. Yes, we are talking about face massage.
The face has over 40 muscles, so massaging the face is not just good for applying products, but for moving energy, addressing sinus issues, and reducing puffiness with lymphatic drainage.
BENEFITS OF A FACE MASSAGE:
- Improves blood circulation in the face: It can stimulate blood flow to the face, which can make your skin look brighter and feel firmer.
- Helps with headaches: Since the fingers move firmly over the skin and give a deep tissue massage, it helps in relieving headaches as well.
- Decreases puffiness and improves muscle tone.Face massagingalso decreases puffiness (like hard-to-handle under eye bags) by stimulating lymphatic drainage. Since it stimulates facial muscles, it improves the muscle tone.
- Distributes skincare product. Rollers are typically used with an oil or moisturizer to help the tool glide across your skin. It’s said this process can deliver product deeper into your skin.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS WHEN YOU USE OUR FACE ROLLER:
- Cools and soothes your skin. If you store your roller in the refrigerator it’ll cool the skin on contact. This can quickly de-puff your skin and reduce the appearance of pores.
- Doesn’t tug away your skin: Manual massaging with fingers can be sometimes harsh on your skin because we might press it too hard. Rollers help in evening out the pressure and hence doesn’t pull away the skin.
- Improves mood: Stones have a healing effect on our minds as well.For example, jade helps remove negative energy, and rose quartz promotes inner peace and love.
HOW TO MASSAGE YOUR FACE WITH YOUR FINGERS/ FACE ROLLERS?
- CLEAN YOUR FACE:
Before massaging the skin, splash with warm water and pat dry.
- PICK AN OIL OF YOUR CHOICE:
If you’re acne-prone, use our Rosehip oil to help clear the pores while nourishing with the proper essential fatty acids. If you have dry skin, you can use our Argan oil for boosted hydration.
You can also use 4-5 Drops of our Face Elixirs for the best effect!
- NOW, START MASSAGING YOUR FACE:
There’s no right or wrong area of the face to start, but do make sure you’re rolling the roller/ tips of your finger from the center, out. But remember - You have lymph nodes at the base of the nose, outside the mouth, along the jaw, behind the ears, under the chin, and in the back of the neck, so, theoretically, you’d want to direct the flow of fluid toward those spots.
- Start with the tips of your ring and middle finger/ larger end of your roller, place them at your chest and using gentle pressure, perform outward and upward strokes along your skin. Pass over the same patch of skin three to four times, always moving to the outer edge of your face.
- From your chest, move up to neck, chin/jawline, cheeks and roll/ masssage from your nose out toward your ear
- For undereye and eyelid, use the gentle pressure of your ring finger or small end of the roller and very gently move from the inner corner of your eye out to the temple.
- For your eyebrow, switch back to the larger side of the roller/ tips of middle, ring and small finger and roll out and down, following the contour of your brow bone.
- Then move to your forehead - start in the middle and roll out
- Finish with a soothing upward roll from between your eyebrows, up to the hairline.
Not all areas of your face should be massaged with an equal amount of pressure. The areas that require gentleness are above and under your eyes, around your ears, and on your neck. Excessive tugging and pulling on these areas can damage your skin’s structure. In these areas, using a roller tool may be beneficial over fingers as it reduces the pull on skin.
If you have extra sensitive skin, be cautious not to overdo your facial massage. Using light touch and less pressure is key here! Additionally, if you are acne-prone, you’ll want to avoid painful breakout areas. And if you just picked a pimple, definitely don’t massage that area as you may spread the bacteria.
Follow these steps for approximately 10 minutes everyday and nothing more than that to avoid excessive pulling of your skin.
Keep your roller chilled in fridge. While most crystal rollers stay cold naturally, using an extra-chilled tool tightens pores.