Shine Bright this Diwali and pamper yourself and take care of yourself the best way.
Staying at home has made us rediscover old recipes and kitchen hacks to take care of our concerns. Doing it yourself is great - but only if you know what you are doing.
Here are some guidelines for DIYing:
- Make sure you use fresh ingredients and don’t store them for more than a day (make small batches)
- Make sure the ingredients suit your skin type - e.g gram flour can be drying for dry skin types, milk/cream can aggravate acne, fresh fruit extracts can sensitise acne, lemon can disrupt skin pH balance if left on skin for long.
- Don’t use comedogenic oils such as coconut, marula if you have combination to acne prone skin.
- Don’t overdo it - keep it minimal and simple - Add our Rose Nectar Face Spritz for a soothing anti inflammatory effect to your masks and also a drop of the Face Elixir to pack in all the nutrients.
- Do not use any essential oils directly on your skin - they are only meant to be used after dilution in a base (2-4 drops in 1tsp/5ml of carrier oil)
Make sure you patch test your DIY creation on your inner arm before applying on your face.
TOP tips for Diwali
- Eat fresh fruits, greens, sufficient protein and vitamins. A diet rich in vitamin C and Vitamin E promotes radiant skin.
- Keep your sugar intakes in check! A lot of sugar can also lead to acne breakouts!
- Hydrate yourself: amongst all the fun and excitement don't forget to drink 7-8 glasses per day
- A healthy scrub bath on the morning of Diwali can bring out your natural glow.
Natural scrubs help in exfoliating dead skin cells and stimulating blood circulation, which gives a fresh look.
A simple and safe DIY recipie is using
1. Green Gram Flour/ Red Lentil Powder (finely ground
Mix it up and exfoliate twice a week .
Follow your skincare regime and be consistent. Keep it simple with this Duo set that will hydrate and nourish your Skin